Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Lis Day 28

Since everyone in the WWW Universe (or at least anyone who seems to matter at the time, e.g. Google, Yahoo or YouTube) turned green for the Earth Day today, it appears that I couldn't let it simply pass by; nevermind the controversy between the UN-established date & that of the American govt. The cool thing about it is that some entities show a certain degree of respect towards planet Earth, be that formal or hypocritical. And so I also get to learn (and share with you) certain novelties, such as a list of so-called Top 15 Green Websites, put together by Times.

What I dislike however, is the beating around the bush (pun unintended) in the shape of festivals, crafting and the likes. In case you're wondering why, I think that the awareness is there, thank you very much, it's time for people to actually start acting upon that rather than continuing the same campaigns from the 70s, when the entire celebration actually started..

And something else that I need to add. Unrelated, still I need to take it off my mind. Here goes: since I got to Lisbon, I accidentally heard Romanian spoken twice, both times in the tube. And they were both strongly disappointing.
Case 1. 2 young ladies chatting about clothes and the likes and referring to the shoes worn by a 3rd party as those of the "cioara". I got shocked. Really.
Case 2. 3 young men waiting at the entrace to the tube; undistinguished mumblings addressed to each other, though I could realise certain words as Romanian. A 4th gentleman passes and enters towards the stop. One of the 3 pushes him forward to pass as well. A small cross-talk occurs, then the entrace is blocked until the 2nd and, respectively, the 3rd had passed.

I felt speechless in both situations. What would you have done, in my place?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home