Thursday, January 14, 2010

Mes amis Mes amours

Though I couldn't really put my finger on it, I think that -prior to this one- the last time anyone offered me a book as a present without my prior confirmation or request of the respective book was some time back in junior high.
But then came 2009, and with it a world of unexpected events. [Really.]
.. and this is how "Mes Amis Mes Amours" got to me. Most likely, the only way in which it could have, for that matter.

I won't comment this book much because there's absolutely no reason in the world why I should. But I can give you a couple of succinct sentences on the matter.
It was meant to be a script: upon writing, this influenced Mr. Marc Levy's style quite a bit as far as I could tell and it's the element of funk which I think I appreciated in it.
It was meant to be a script for a romantic comedy: those who know me are aware that it's a style I don't treasure much, and this is an understatement.
It benefited mitigating circumstances: it was my companion whilst waiting at the dentist's for the fixing of a broken tooth, a context in which I seem to be able to enjoy [maybe my mind was too numb with the events and painkillers?] literature of the lighter variety.

If you're interested, check out the plot outline here, which is incidentally the website from which I've taken the book's cover.

P.S. No, I haven't seen the film. Nor am I planning to.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home