Thursday, November 27, 2008

Take Five

Being Thanksgiving Day afterall, I figured I deserve a break. I never thought I'd see this day, but Dave Brubeck is playing at "The Blue Note" this weekend, his only New York annual appearance, and somehow I'm going! I mean, it's Brubeck, the "Take Five" giant of jazz, the one name all genre aficionados should worship. The man is music history and I can't wait to see him play. For that, I am thankful. And for the fact that he's still alive and kicking at 87! Talk about living legends... This is the next best thing to going back in time and seeing Miles Davis play pre-1991.

Here's "Take Five" during Brubeck's prime - Paul Desmond and all:

3 Comments:

At 1:38 AM, Blogger Teo said...

such a neat break, that is! (:
may I please have your snail mail address, ms. Alex? (:

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger Teo said...

P.S. happy Thanksgiving! (:
P.P.S. what's that shocking 'thing' I heard of, called turducken? [I did read the wiki reference, but who on earthe thought of it, and who thought of the name?!]

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Alex said...

Will send address via gmail. as for turducken I never had the pleasure and frankly I have no idea what nut invented it; I think it has Southern / Lousiana / Cajun roots.

I do know that you should never try tofurkey. Yes, tofu that looks like turkey. Dis-gust-ing.

Luckily, I had the pleasure of eating some real turkey yesterday. One of the millions being "sacrificed" on Thanksgiving in the U.S.

They were thinking about making it the national bird at some point. But then who would have bald eagle for Thanksgiving?? And nobody eats their national bird.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home