Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Hold On, There's More to Say!

After a week loaded with films of various genres [from documentaries and the Fantastic Mr. Fox to Bronson and well, yes, Avatar], it was time to recall a different Universe, for a change. We've been at the theatre.

[lyrical break, here, suspense is growing...]

[... still growing...]

[Is this the right level of suspense, now? OK, I'll take that as a Yes!]

Prior to last Sunday's play, I couldn't for the love of me [still can't, for that matter] recall when, where, or what was the last time I've seen something enacted on a stage. But never-mind such details. Sunday it was the right time for Ivan Turbinca, at the TNB [the National Theatre Bucharest]. And a good call it was: Had the fun I didn't have in ages, enjoyed the acting, the directing, and the accompanying music, came out a different person than the one who went in. In sum, it was a transformational experience. One which I definitely recommend you try for yourself.
As for the storyline, here's the plot directly from the Wikipedia entry [amazing, ain't it?!]

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home