Saturday, February 27, 2010

On the Romanian Postal Services, With a Twist

Over the last couple of months, there have been several occasions when I've been meaning to make a note of the how annoyingly slow and sloppy the Romanian Postal Services are*, and just how much that bothers me, by getting in the way of my pursuing the Postcrossing path.
I only didn't write anything sooner because I was busy with many other items topping my To Do's, and that just didn't seem to be worth it. Plus, there were just so many other things to rant about, really.

.... And then, this very week, as my levels of annoyance were reaching some sort of a record, all of a sudden, my cards start arriving! On time! A couple of them, in 2-4 days! A-mazing, really! Even more so, as no particular explanation is available as of yet. Further investigation to be undertaken.

* Now, what do I mean by slow? I mean cards such as this one, taking almost 40 days to each another European country.
And what do I mean by sloppy? I mean having to re-send almost one quarter to one third of the cards that I had sent initially, because the first batch never made it. That was -and is, for that matter- quite annoying. And it happened in particular in relation to cards I sent to Russia, China or Ukraine.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, Blogger precious said...

i have the same trouble with the addresses with russia and china. Addition to that : india.
i get so irritated when i receive an address from those countries and wish i pushed the "ask an address " button one second later , so someone else could get the address instead of me :)

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Teo said...

Yeah, I know.
Probably this is not only the departure but also the destination countries, but what can we do, right?

On the other hand, too bad for those who actually live there - imagine just how difficult it should be for them to get anything sent or received...!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home