Tuesday, February 09, 2010

[to be continued..]

Yesterday's interaction with the authorities has been brief and unsatisfying; after the compulsory (?) 1h wait, I was sent back to procure 'the original' [i.e. a new document] certifying that my parents agree that I live in their house. And this, my friends, might not have been much of a big deal if the starting situation had been different. But as we stand, and as I've explained the lady behind the desk several times, it's the exact same office of the authorities that owns 'the original' certificate, which I had given them 4 years ago, for pretty much the same reason: new Id request. And yes, I find this absurd: Do legal acts stop producing legal effects once the original document had been archived? Because I'm not convinced by this point. If the time duration of the named certificate is unspecified, shouldn't this suggest that it produces legal effects until revoked? Or something along those lines?
Yes, I was angry. I still am, for that matter. And yes, this is still absurd to me.
Do tell if it makes more sense to you.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Kate said...

Of course it doesn't make sense...that's why they're called authorities :) Your trying to be reasonable with authorities is a courageous attempt though which I applaud...but we still need some more.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Teo said...

Looks like I'm not the only challenger out there though; if my understanding of today's news was correct (11 feb), people of more resounding names than mine are also challening the authorities. Some things need to be better justified though. It's time a (small? tiny?) revolution was started

 

Post a Comment

<< Home