Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Flickr Roundup

355 days later, or 1 year minus 10 days after the day I pulled together the guts* to finally upload my first photo on flickr, I'm here to do a bit of computing.
It's been a complicated year for me in many ways, and photography has been a hobby growing into a release growing into an addiction, admittedly. Over the past year, I've used various cameras [some Sonys, some Canons, a Nikon, some that I don't recall] belonging to various people [I can count more than 5] in my proximity - physical and otherwise. I've been uploading more than just photos. I've been obsessing over others' photographic skills. And I've started to understand the bulk of good over bad shots, even though sometimes it might not look like it. (:

Statistically, I've uploaded 1052 items, getting a total of 15,238 hits [out of which 1,988 hits directed at the Photostream]. I currently have a total of 58 favourited items [some of them by several people] and a total of 80 commented items [some of them by myself]. (:

But what does that mean, really?
Well, I'll tell you what: it means it's been growing on me quite a bit.
So much so, that the best birthday gift I received last year [this is not to overemphasize] had been the gift of Pro, back in July [and thank you again, Stefan!].
And the best Christmas gift: my own camera! [Thank you, Mum and Dad!]

So much so, that an otherwise horribly surly day had been entirely transformed upon receiving the message that one of my photos had been shortlisted for a series of Guides.

So how does the future look like? Well, here's how: with your help, I'll be selecting and printing out a portfolio. And then try my best to see where that takes me. (:
Secondly, I'm still dreaming [read: drool over] that Nikon D700. And as there's no humanly available way of me being able to afford it any time soon, I'm hereby making an appeal to those willing to help out; hopefully I'll be able to add a gadget to this blog some time soon, which can allow for moneys gathering. I'll be sure to point that out to you once the time is right.

I certainly am looking forward to what 2010 will bring for my small yet frenzied Flickr OOniverse! (:

* That's because of that eternal internal chatter in my head preceding every publicly assessable Internet action I might take.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home