Thursday, July 25, 2002

hello everyone

vlad, foarte de laudat initiativa ta, but i was really waiting for you to start on the whole updating thing, at least it would have seemed logical to me since it was your proposal. nevertheless, here's the news about me:

i'm leaving tomorrow at 6pm for paris, on a really small-budget Europe trip, on the inter-rail, and meeting some friends on the way. I will be home in 2 weeks, most likely on August 8th and staying till August 22nd or so. if any of you has any plans, means, incentives, desires, etc., to head out west, let me know, and we can meet on the way - Budapesta, Viena, Berlin, whatever.

i haven't packed yet, which freaks me out and i will still be working tomorrow, 3 hours before my plane leaves.. i do hope i'll make it on time. as for the rest of my life, i am really happy now that i got into this Presidential Scholars program at NYU - more community service, a lot of semminars, essays, meetings, honors classes, but i think it's worth it; i applied for it this May and i wasn't really hoping to get in, given the fact that - in stilul meu caracteristic - i did everything the last minute, turning in my application 5 minutes before the due hour.

in rest - i have 20 dollars in my bank account, enough to get me to the airport and from Charles de Gaulle to the hostel i'll be staying at in Paris; hopefully my next pay-check will get through by Friday, otherwise it would be really sad.

as much as i enjoyed New York, i am sooo glad to get out of here, i am sick of working, and i haven't had a real vacation since this January. if any of you has any last-minute wild NYC desires - jaw-breakers for Marian, etc. - let me know a.s.a.p. if not, anything else on the way, e-mail me, i will try to check my inbox as often as possible.

that's about all.. i should go home and pack, and maybe sleep for a couple of hours. i'm really looking forward to seing you all, should you all be in Iasi in August. daca se afla careva pe la Oradea sau Cluj around August 8th, again, let me know.

the bad part is that the guy i was supposed to do this whole trip with (he really likes only boys... :) had a family issue, his grandpa died..so i'll be on my own.. it's rather crazy, but i hope i'll manage it, inter-rail or not.

see you in two weeks or so!

yours,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home