Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Lis Day 50

As opposite to what large parts of the world are going through over the last weeks (including China's disastruous earthquake), in my little corner of the earth 'time flew as I was having fun'. That is not to say that the recent natural disasters spurred no intrinsc reactions on my part, but rather that, powerless as I currently am to do anything in their regard, I continued to do the only thing that I could possibly do at the time, namely to feel good about being here: I've been browsing through memories and photos of our recent visits to Belém, with its Tower and Monastery; to Sintra's intricately designed Quinta da Regaleira and its centuries-old Moorish Castle; and to Cabo da Roca's astonishingly simple natural beauty.
And then, last Saturday, on the occasion of J.'s birthday, fresher outlooks welcomed my eyes in Sesimbra and Cabo Espichel.
...
I think I've been as much of a tourist as I could, over the last 3 weeks. And that was good. I was looking forward to such holidays for a long while and, with some help from you, guys, I got them!
... but a series of email exchanges now says that I need to get back to working life. Which is also good, given that I can't fit a tourist's clothing for too long. So this is where I'm Now: looking forward to tomorrow, trying to figure out a source of income during what has been announced to be an unpaid internship and still dreaming about that Portuguese course.
I hope to make my future updates much more exciting, just as I hope to not have to put up another monologue over here! I'm kinda fed up with sending messages in bottles that remain unanswered (which IS mostly about my intensive round of emailing having occured recently and to whom almost no one bothered to reply...), meaning that any sort of writing initiatives on the part of whomever still reads this blog will be welcome. Obrigado! :)

1 Comments:

At 1:47 AM, Blogger Alex said...

my bad for the silence kiddo, other than the phone call. hectic couple of weeks due to handover in switzerland. hope to have more time next week. good luck with the internship!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home