Saturday, June 28, 2008

Lis Day 94

Today I'm writing about yesterday. Since I had no time to do that at the time.
Yesterday, in the meaning of June 26th rather than in the meaning of the-day-before-today, was a day of triple significance.

Yesterday, June 26th, was Andrei's birthday & I did manage to speak to him on the occasion and that in itself was good. Because I miss him & because I wanted to hear him & because I wanted to say Happy Birthday!

Yesterday, June 26th, was equally the International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking. The EMCDDA, besides launching its largest publication yet, has also had a reception on the occasion. And it's there that I've met the Romanian Ambassador in Portugal, who's been so kind as to draft a paper today, supporting my residence application here.

And what's more, yesterday has also been the International Day in Support of Torture Victims. [the official UN page is to be seen here].

Yesterday was therefore a rather positively-eventful day in my little corner of the world.
Today, however, was a different story. A story that spins around the U.S. Supreme Court's decision & its implications. Hold on -you might say -but why bother about internal U.S. decisions?! Well - I'd answer - cause important U.S. decisions are telling of more than just internal politics; and -I'd add - imho times of economics crisis are perhaps not the best times for 'theoretically' dwelling over the importance of owning a weapon... Disagree? [or am I just contextualising too much..?]

1 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

teo dar nu raspunzi la mail si la telefon ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home